A sweet and savory dish made of stir-fried glass noodles and vegetable that Koreans usually eat on important days.
80g Glass Noodles
60g Japchae Sauce
5g Dried Shiitake Mushroom
5ml Sesame Oil
2g Sesame Seeds
60g Yellow Onion, sliced
30g Carrot, Julienned
2Tbsp Cooking Oil
1.Soak the shiitake mushroom in 1 cup of warm water for 10 minutes. Squeeze the water. Separate the top and body of the mushroom, discarding the body. Cut the top thinly.
2.Thinly slice the onion and julienne the carrot. Cut chives into 5cm long.
3. Add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, onions, carrots, shiitake mushrooms, and a pinch of salt to a heated pan. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. When finished, move to the plate to cool.
4. Put the glass noodles in boiling water and boil for 8 minutes. Strain the noodles.
5. Add 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, japcahe sauce, and glass noodles to a heated pan. Stir-fry on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes, or until moisture is gone.
6. Mix together the stir-fried glass noodles, stir-fried vegetables from Step #3, and chives toghther. Mix in sesame oil and sesame seeds evenly. Serve and enjoy!
1. In Step #5, you can adjust the amount of sauce according to your preference.
2. In Step #6, add 2/3 of sesame seeds when mixing. Sprinkle the remaining seeds to the top of the dish as a garnish.
3.You can enjoy a richer taste by adding various vegetables, such as peppers, spinach, and mushrooms. Meat also can be added accordingly to your preference. Meat in japchae is usually julienned to strips,seasoned, and stir-fried.
Glass Noodles made form 100% Domestic Sweet Potato Starch
It contains high-quality glass noodles made from domestic sweet potato starch without any additives. It is easy to cook because the noodles are square shaped, like ramen noodles.
Shiitake Mushroom Cultivated from 100% Domestic Oak Wood Logs
The mushroom cultivation on logs method is carried out by inoculating the logs and holes to create space for mushroom seeds. The mushroom grows using the nutrients of the tree for a period of 1 year and 6 months. The taste, incense, and the meatiness are excellent. We use a shiitake mushroom grown on the oak wood log to dry so that their fragrance and taste are fresh.
Cold-pressed Premium Sesame Oil
We use the Queens Bucket sesame oil containing nutrition that is roasted and squeezed at a low temperature with the know-how that Queens Bucket gathered over 7 years. Queens Bucket started with a small mill in the city and has become known as a premium sesame oil. Recently, it has been selected by a chef of a Michelin star restaurant and is supplied to restaurants in New York. Sesame oil is not heavy if you just eat it on its own, and if you add it to food, you can experience a special flavor.
Serving size 152g / 2 Serving per container
(Glass Noodles 80g, japchae Sauce 60g, Dried Shiitake Mushroom 5g , Sesame Oil 5g(5ml), Sesame Seeds 2g)
① Glass Noodles : 100% Sweet Potato Starch
② japchae Sauce : Starch Syrup, Soy Sauce(Defatted Soybean, Wheat Flour, Bay Salt, Fermented Alcohol), Sugar, Concentrated Apple Juice, Processed Fruits and Vegetables, Malt Extract, Natural Spices, Vitamin B1 Lauryl Sulfate , Methyl ρ-Hydroxybenzoate (Preservative)
③ Dried Shiitake Mushroom
④ Sesame Oil : 100% Sesame Seeds
⑤ Sesame Seeds
※ALLERGENS For allergens, see ingredients in bold.
Shipping Weight 220g
Product Dimensions(L×W×H) 12×3.7×21cm
Manufacturer Beyond Food Lab
Country of Manufacture South Korea
Shelf Life Until the written date(max.up to 1year)
Satety Warning Store in a dry, cool place. Try to use remaining ingredients as soon as possible after opening.